Book Report Tunic by Oliver + S

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Over the holidays, I received a new sewing machine for Christmas. I immediately wanted to make something, so I decided to make some last minute Christmas dresses for the girls. I’ve been thinking about the Book Report Dress for some time, and I had some left over fabric in my stash from Michael Miller that I bought just because it was the end of a bolt.
I think it’s perfect for a holiday tunic that can be worn all winter. The pattern is great. Braelyn loved the front pockets. The sleeves were the perfect length. At first, I thought the tunic was too long, but I now think it is a nice length. The pleats were easy as well as the pocket construction. 

I wasn't excited about the button ties, so I decided to use a buttonhole and covered button. You do need something on the shoulder seams because the head opening is too small to get it over their heads.  I also left them off of the sleeves which I think looked kinda cute. Other then that, I followed the directions and loved the result. 


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to ROY'S FRENCH BULLDOG were we have been proudly breeding and showing quality AKC registered French bulldogs puppy since 2004. Our main focus is to produce show quality puppies with amazing personalities suitable for their forever family. We treat every Puppy with individualized care based on their needs to give them the best opportunities in life. Click "Available French Bulldog puppies" to check out our puppies and dogs looking for new homes.
    french bulldog puppies | french bulldog for sale | french bulldog puppy | french bulldog puppies for sale | french bulldogs near me | frenchie for sale | french bulldogs near me | merle french bulldog | lilac french bulldog | blue french bulldog | frenchie puppies | cream french bulldog | french bulldog breeders near me | brindle french bulldog
    french bulldog for sale
    french bulldog for sale
    french bulldog puppies for sale
    frenchie for sale
    french bulldog breeders near me


Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)