As you can see from the picture above, I don't think it turned out very well. Although I have loved other things I've used with the bamboo knit, I didn't like it for the construction of this skirt. The panels of the skirt require you to sew a curved side to a straight side which made my fabric pucker a lot even after I ironed it (which you can see in the picture above on the left side of the skirt!). Also, the fit of this skirt is tighter at the waist and hips and with this fabric, it showed every lump and bump underneath, not a flattering situation for most of us!
The pattern calls for 1/2 inch elastic to be attached in a casing for the waistband, but I chose to use the wide brown ripple elastic on the outside of the skirt. I prefer not to make waistbands with the elastic in a casing unless I'm sewing pajama pants because I don't feel like the finished garment looks professionally done this way. I do like how the outer elastic turned out and would suggest you doing the same.
Although I don't like how my skirt turned out, I do think the pattern is very simple to use and could make a really cute skirt if you choose a cotton jersey knit that has a little more weight to it. The elephant fabric would have been the perfect thickness and texture for this skirt! The bamboo knit was just too thin and slinky for this style, and I would suggest staying away from knits like this if you make this skirt.
I won't be wearing this skirt because I feel like the puckered seams scream "bad sewer", but I will give this pattern another try with thicker cotton jersey knit.
Many of you read a previous blog where the finished product, a cardigan, didn't turn out very well. I decided this skirt will join that cardigan in my dog Shelby's wardrobe.
She looks good in every thing she wears!